New Zealand – Kiwi Bird Park
Up to 100 participants via Zoom Webinar or one full class via standard video conferencing call.
Help BGL teachers uncover the mystery of which native bird is raising havoc throughout the neighborhoods of beautiful Queenstown, New Zealand. Join Teacher Alana on-site as she explores the
Kiwi Birdlife Wildlife Park, and investigates different bird habitats and behaviors in order to find the elusive winged culprit.
After the Field Trip, listen in on an exclusive expert interview with Teacher Alana and a New Zealand Birdlife Conservationist to further understand why this unique bird population is so important to the Kiwi people. Finally, try your hand at designing a poster about the Kiwi Birdlife Wildlife Park – top posters will even be showcased on their website!
Expectations & Goals:
- Students will be introduced to various indigenous birds found in New Zealand.
- Students will use deductive reasoning to decide on which bird is being described by the Field Teacher.
- Students will compare and contrast different bird habitats and behaviors.
- After the trip, students will watch an interview conducted by the Field Teacher with a New Zealand conservationist to reinforce new information learned during the Field Trip Live.
- Students will create an info-graphic about the Kiwi Birdlife Park to be posted on the park website.
Phone, tablet or computer