January: Lunar New Year Celebration
Up to 100 participants via Zoom Webinar or one full class via standard video conferencing call.
Bustling streets fill with shoppers and vendors that waft sweet and savory smells until well past midnight: this is the nightly routine at Taiwan’s famous ’night markets’. To beat the heat, these historic markets open every night after dark and are visited daily by families and tourists alike. Children play arcade games, teens and parents shop for the latest regional trends, and everyone delights in the unique flavor blends of Taiwanese street food. Join Banyan Global Learning as we visit these night markets to get a taste of life in Taipei, Taiwan. In this Field Trip Live, students join Banyan teachers as they walk through two different night markets sampling food and exploring entertainment. Dive into a unique cultural experience, learn some Mandarin, and have fun as we travel together across the Pacific.
This program is taught by an experience online educator, accompanied by a few puppet friends. The participation flows naturally between educators and learners through active discussion.
- Meet and Greet
- Problem of the Day: inquiry & discovery of internet safety
- Activity 1: safe choices
- Zones of Regulation
- Activity 2: internet safety & feelings
- Solution of the Day: safety of self & others
- Sort safe and unsafe internet behavior.
- Compare & contrast scenarios of internet safety.
- Make the safest choice with personal information.
- Identify feelings related to internet safety.