“Each location was so unique. But having live teachers around the world was unlike any other virtual lesson. I highly recommend Banyan!”
Connect, Explore, Discover
Global Citizenship: The Complete Series
This series includes five live trips from the Global Citizenship Series:
Lesson 1: Late Night Treasures of Taiwan
Lesson 2: The Secrets of the California Coast
Lesson 3: The Life and People of Colombia
Lesson 4: Life Down Under: Daily Life in Queenstown, New Zealand
Lesson 5: Past, Present and Future: The Founding and Evolution of Los Angeles
Length: 1 class period per lesson (flexible)
Target Audience: grades K-8
Up to 100 participants via Zoom Webinar or one full class via standard video conferencing call.
This program is taught by an experience online educator, accompanied by a few puppet friends. The participation flows naturally between educators and learners through active discussion.
- Meet and Greet
- Problem of the Day: inquiry & discovery of digital citizenship
- Activity 1: What is digital citizenship?
- Zones of Regulation
- Activity 2: digital citizenship & feelings
- Solution of the Day: good digital citizenship
- Acknowledge self as a digital citizen.
- List three characteristics of a good digital citizen.
- Determine zone of regulation by color.
- Identify feelings related to technology and digital citizenship.