Connect, Explore, Discover
Educate & Elevate Part 1: How To Talk About Racism
This is part one of a four part series. You may request all four parts or any one individual part.
Up to 100 participants via Zoom Webinar. Sign up today to save your spot!
Join BGL and the talented Weary Arts Group in an important discussion about racism. Together, we will use our powers of creativity and empathy in this safe space to learn how to work together to stand up for what’s right.
Part 1 – How To Talk About Racism
Acknowledging that these conversations can be difficult and sensitive, BGL will provide a safe, supportive space for children to learn and talk about racism.
- Program begins with introductions
- We then watch a short Sesame Street Town Hall on Racism
- We read the story “Black Is A Rainbow Color” with music courtesy of WAG
- Time is allowed for discussion around the story
- Musical Intermission with WAG
- Q&A with WAG
- Learn and understand what it means to be racist
- Have honest conversations about how to do the right thing when faced with racism
- Leave with new ways to take action and be anti-racist