Connect, Explore, Discover
Educate & Elevate: A Juneteenth Celebration
Up to 100 participants via Zoom Webinar. Sign up today to save your spot!
Learners of all ages are welcome to join BGL to learn more about Juneteenth while uplifting the voices, talents, and futures of Black youth. This one-hour program is based in social and emotional learning, creating a supportive, inclusive space.Through an interactive read aloud of Sing a Song by Kelly Starling Rowland, learners explore the history of the prolific song Lift Every Voice and Sing. Let’s come together to educate and elevate!
- Meet & Greet: Hosts, Special Guests, Learners
- Juneteenth: Past & Present
- Story Time: Sing a Song
- Independence vs Liberation
- Discussion & Questions
- Explore the history of Juneteenth.
- Compare and contrast Independence Day and Juneteenth.
- Develop cultural and racial awareness through an interactive read aloud.