“This is exactly what I was looking for! Digital citizenship felt like a challenging topic for first graders, but I never imagined it could be so fun!”
Connect, Explore, Discover
This program is the first in a series but it can also stand alone.
This fun, interactive series explores digital citizenship with a crew of puppet friends. Learners in grades pre-K-4 will get loads of practical tips for digital citizenship as they guide their new puppet friends to solve real-world problems in technology. Developmentally appropriate activities prepare learners with future-ready skills. This unique online learning experience is based on the SEL zones of regulation model from Leah Kuypers, MA.Ed.
Lesson 2: Technology Balance
Pre-K & Kindergarten: “Just-Right” Technology Use
Grade 1: When to Say “No” to Technology
Grade 2: How do I know when to power down?
Grade 3: Balancing Technology Use
Grade 4: Making Good Choices with Technology Use
Length: 1 class period (flexible)
Target Audience: grades pre-K-4
Up to 100 participants via Zoom Webinar or one full class via standard video conferencing call.
This program is taught by an experience online educator, accompanied by a few puppet friends. The participation flows naturally between educators and learners through active discussion.
- Meet and Greet
- Problem of the Day: inquiry & discovery of technology balance
- Activity 1: boundaries with technology
- Zones of Regulation
- Activity 2: technology balance & feelings
- Solution of the Day: wellness & technology
- List characteristics of a community.
- Compare & contrast online & offline communities.
- Determine placement of self in communities.
- Identify feelings related to online communities.