“This is exactly what I was looking for! Digital citizenship felt like a challenging topic for first graders, but I never imagined it could be so fun!”
Connect, Explore, Discover
Digital Citizenship Series for Young Learners
Lesson 1: Digital Citizenship & Feelings
Pre-K & Kindergarten: Technology & Me
Grade 1: Smart & Safe on the Internet
Grade 2: Part of the Online Team
Grade 3: Technology Balance
Grade 4: Digital Footprints
Length: 1 class period per lesson (flexible)
Target Audience: grades pre-K-4
Up to 100 participants via Zoom Webinar or one full class via standard video conferencing call.
This program is taught by an experience online educator, accompanied by a few puppet friends. The participation flows naturally between educators and learners through active discussion.
- Meet and Greet
- Problem of the Day: inquiry & discovery of digital citizenship
- Activity 1: What is digital citizenship?
- Zones of Regulation
- Activity 2: digital citizenship & feelings
- Solution of the Day: good digital citizenship
- Acknowledge self as a digital citizen.
- List three characteristics of a good digital citizen.
- Determine zone of regulation by color.
- Identify feelings related to technology and digital citizenship.