“This is exactly what I was looking for! Digital citizenship felt like a challenging topic for first graders, but I never imagined it could be so fun!”
Connect, Explore, Discover
Digital Citizenship: Parent Workshop
Parents of young learners explore the world of digital citizenship by evaluating their own relationship to technology. The best way to ensure positive digital citizenship for children is to bring consciousness and intention to parents’ own digital citizenship. Then, model it for them and keep the discussion open and active.
This program is taught by an experience online educator, accompanied by a few puppet friends. The participation flows naturally between educators and learners through active discussion.
- Meet and Greet
- Problem of the Day: inquiry & discovery of online communities
- Activity 1: appropriate participation in online communities
- Zones of Regulation
- Activity 2: online communities & feelings
- Solution of the Day: positive contributions to online communities
- List characteristics of a community.
- Compare & contrast online & offline communities.
- Determine placement of self in communities.
- Identify feelings related to online communities.