What an AMAZING trip! My students were glued to their seats as Teacher Travis walked around, showed us amazing animals, and answered all our questions. Thank you!
The Secrets of the California Coast
Humans have a duty to protect this planet for future generations. In this visually stunning trip, your students venture live to a special location on the coast of California, Abalone Cove, filled with tide pools and amazing animals. Conservation, ecology and geology are at the heart of this trip. Students will see up close animals like sea anemones, sea urchins, sea cucumbers, crabs, and thousands of different mollusks. Despite the name, there are no longer abalone in Abalone Cove. We dive into humans impact on nature and what we can do to keep our precious nature spaces safe and healthy.
Length: 1 class period
Target Audience: grades K-12
Up to 100 participants via Zoom Webinar or one full class via standard video conferencing call.
Connect, Explore, Discover
Online learning experts are here for you! Schedule a free 15-minute consultation and spark the joy of learning.
– visit coastal habitat and highlight characteristics; determine habitat
– Kahoot to guess which animals live in the habitat
– perhaps get lucky and see ocean life such as dolphins, manatees, sea anemone and crabs!- discuss and explain different methods of ocean conservation and their importance
– learn and discuss details of 3 main ocean habitats
– notice and observe coastal habitat characteristics
– classify aquatic habitats within the larger category of habitats
– think critically to predict which animals live in the visited coastal habitat
– develop an appreciation for the role of ocean conservation efforts in protecting ecosystems .
There are no reviews yet.