ZOOM TEACHER / INNOVATOR / PUPPETEER
We are seeking camera-ready, dynamic and charismatic ELEMENTARY TEACHERS with strong classroom management, solid Zoom chops, the ability to multitask with technology while teaching, and a willingness to develop a working love for puppetry.
Must be available East Coast mornings.
Our virtual programs are booked on demand by schools in three content areas: digital citizenship, world culture and social and emotional learning.
Part-time positions only with training beginning mid-April and teaching in May.
- Up to $50/hr for teaching; $20/hr for planning
- Primary duty is teaching to whole classes live over Zoom during East Coast mornings. At first, the classes are in-person at school with a local teacher in the room with them; you are remote.
- Start with teaching a provided digital citizenship curriculum taught while giving voice to a puppet friend.
- Opportunity to expand to other curriculum areas for programs that are booked during East Coast mornings.
- Contribute to exciting new business efforts including lead generation and product design.
- Dynamic personality and comfortable teaching persona
- Proof of US teaching credential (multi-subject or ESL elementary and/or junior high or high school humanities)
- Interest in educational technology and the prospect of working in an entrepreneurial, startup atmosphere
- Strong writing skills for lesson planning
- Avid user of technology in and out of the classroom
- Solid whole group classroom management skills and animated, engaging teaching style
- Flexible working hours but available to be booked for East Coast mornings
- English speaker with legal right to work in the U.S.
- Paid training starting mid-April
- 40+ periods to be taught in May / June; opportunity to build from there
- Opportunity to sub in the evenings for our distance-learning-to-Asia program once training has been completed