Kindergarten English Homeroom Teacher (TAIWAN)
In order to teach at Tsai Hsing Kindergarten School, English teachers are required to have:
- State Teaching Credential
- 1- or 2-year contract (mid-August 2023 start)
- Monthly salary of 75,000 NTD in the first year and 90,000 NTD in the second year.
- School housing (a single apartment or room in a shared apartment) or 15,000 NTD/month stipend is provided in the first year of service. In the second year of service, only the 15,000 NTD/month stipend is provided. Teachers who are married to non-teaching spouses will receive a 20,000 NTD/month stipend. A standard housing agreement that limits school liability must be signed by Teacher to obtain school housing. Stipend is subject to local taxation.
- To offset the cost of transportation to Asia, 22,500 NTD is provided as additional salary twice per year (once at the beginning of each semester) for a total travel stipend of 45,000 NTD. Teacher does not need to provide any proof of travel. Stipend is subject to local taxation.
- Approximately 3 hours per day of direct instruction as lead-teacher of K1 (preschool), K2 (pre-K) and/or K3 (kindergarten) classes.
- On campus daily for the entirety of school day (7:50am to 4pm) Time while on campus but not teaching should be spent in the classroom so as to be available for informal discussions with students.Teacher lunch and student nap time are exempt from this requirement.
- Submit lesson plans when requested.
- Attend all required meetings during school hours and weekend commitments such as teacher/parent meetings and other special events.
- Correct all applicable student work in a timely manner, record oral readings for periodical exams.
- Assist in applicable English language events and competitions during the school day.
- Adhere to school-determined lesson pace of special content relevant to periodical exams.
- Must be able to provide a demo video (10+ minutes) and/or perform a teaching demo live over video teleconferencing, in person in Kunshan, Taipei, Los Angeles or Portland (OR).
- Must be able to interview either over video teleconferencing or in Shanghai, Taipei or Los Angeles.
- Must be able to provide at least 3 professional references.
- No knowledge of Mandarin is necessary.
- National health insurance provided via the acquisition of work visa and residency permit.
- School will assist with visa/permit applications.
- For positions starting in the 2023-2024 school year, there is a commitment of 1 or 2-year term beginning around August 15, 2022 and ending June 30, 2024 or 2025.
- Approximately 3 weeks paid vacation (over Chinese New Year break) -*.
- Paid time off for local holidays and days between semesters -*.
- Unpaid leave during 6 weeks of summer break between teaching years. Some teachers will be asked to teach summer school; the details of such service will be decided upon at the time of the request.
*Actual time off depends on Education Bureau calendar for that year. For less than one week of Chinese New Year break, teachers will be required to be on campus in preparation for the new semester.