KINDERGARTEN ENGLISH HOMEROOM TEACHER (CHINA)
In order to teach at Xing Kong Starry Sky Kindergarten in Kunshan, China, English teachers are required to have:
- TEFL OR TESOL AND 24 months of English teaching experience; OR
- State Teaching Credential
- 10-month contract (Mid-August 2022 to late June 2023)
- Monthly salary of 17,100 RMB with bonus of 27,000 RMB for contract completion (9000 at the end of the first semester and 18000 at the end of the second semester)
- A 4500 RMB travel bonus is provided twice per year (once at the beginning of each semester) for a total of 9000 RMB travel stipend
- 200 RMB per month bonus for perfect attendance
- Furnished school housing (a single apartment) or an equivalent monthly stipend
- If a teacher stays for an optional second year, the monthly salary is 20,000 RMB. Summer pay is then provided at 50% salary with full vacation or 100% salary with one-third (two weeks) vacation.
- School day is from 7:50am to 4:10pm
- Approximately 3 hours per day of direct instruction as lead-teacher of K1 (preschool), K2 (pre-K) and/or K3 (kindergarten) classes
- Team meetings on average once or twice per week
- A handful of weekend commitments (Parent Day, etc.)
- Correct student work
- Assist in applicable English language events
- The following is required to be eligible for a work visa in Jiangsu Province: bachelor’s degree, criminal background check, teaching certificate or credential, 24 months English teaching experience
- Must be able to provide a demo video (10+ minutes) and/or perform a teaching demo live over video teleconferencing or in person in Kunshan, Taipei, Los Angeles or Portland (OR).
- Must be able to interview either over video teleconferencing or in Shanghai, Taipei or Los Angeles.
- No knowledge of Mandarin is necessary.
- Basic health insurance provided
- School asssists with visa/permit applications