Distance Learning Teacher & Edtech Innovator
To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking dynamic, camera-ready, and charismatic G5-G8 TEACHERS with strong classroom management, solid edtech chops and the ability to multitask with technology while teaching. Our distance learning model is one teacher to one LARGE WHOLE GROUP of students in classrooms in Taiwan and China. Each classroom also has an on-site local partner teacher. All instruction is in English.
TEACH FROM HOME or from our office in Downtown Los Angeles (once it reopens). Teach over video conferencing using progressive 21st-century pedagogy. Teachers must be credentialed and exceptional.
Part-time positions only.
See our blog to get an idea of our company culture and work.
- $40/hr for teaching; $20/hr for planning and all other duties
- Deliver content-based, student-centered English instruction focusing on language, culture and technology
- Teach live to Asia over video conferencing (large classes, Grades 5-8, as assigned)
- Adjust lesson plans, create slide decks and grade assignments as required by the course
- Update LMS (Google Classroom) and other EdTech platforms, as required for the lessons
- Attend weekly meetings with teaching colleagues and monthly meetings with local co-teachers
- Compile and finalize mid-term and final grades for their grade-level
- Complete general unit/lesson revisions (including documenting the revisions clearly)
- Provide after school extension activities to local co-teachers (elementary only)
- Perform other grade-related duties as required
- US teaching credential (multi-subject or ESL elementary and/or junior high or high school humanities)
- Strong writing skills for lesson planning
- Avid user of technology in and out of the classroom
- Ability to teach while multi-tasking with technology
- Solid whole group classroom management skills and animated, engaging teaching style
- Subscribe to the philosophy of progressive education while acknowledging the necessity of standardized student achievement
- English speaker with legal right to work in U.S.
- Master’s Degree and/or 3+ years experience preferred
- Paid training (including team teaching) during summer to start teaching in late August / early September
- Classes take place Monday through Thursday evenings, 4pm to 9:15pm Pacific.
- We operate mostly on the Taiwanese school calendar, so several U.S. holidays (especially Mondays) are required workdays.
- The Taiwanese calendar has a monthlong break for Chinese New Year and two months break over summer vacation.