English teachers are required to have a state teaching credential from USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand or Canadia (TEFL/TESOL is recommended but insufficient without a credential).
- 2-year contract
- Monthly salary of 63,750 NTD in the first year and 76,500 NTD in the second year. A bonus of 259,875 NTD will be paid upon completion of the second consecutive year.
- School housing (a single apartment or room in a shared apartment) or 15,000 NTD/month stipend is provided in the first year of service. In the second year of service, only the 15,000 NTD/month stipend is provided. Teachers who are married to non-teaching spouses will receive a 20,000 NTD/month stipend. A standard housing agreement that limits school liability must be signed by Teacher to obtain school housing. Stipend is subject to local taxation.
- To offset the cost of transportation to Asia, 22,500 NTD is provided as additional salary twice per year (once at the beginning of each semester) for a total travel stipend of 45,000 NTD. Teacher does not need to provide any proof of travel. Stipend is subject to local taxation.
- Approximately 25 periods (40 to 45 minutes) per week teaching content-based English to elementary school students. On campus daily for the entirety of school day (7:50am to 4pm). Time while on campus but not teaching should be spent in the classroom so as to be available for informal discussions with students.
- Submit lesson plans when requested.
- Attend all required meetings during school hours and weekend commitments such as teacher/parent meetings and other special events.
- Correct all applicable student work in a timely manner, record oral readings for periodical exams.
- Assist in applicable English language events and competitions during the school day.
- Adhere to school-determined lesson pace of special content relevant to periodical exams.
- Must be able to provide access to a demo lesson in Shanghai, Taipei or Los Angeles or an electronic copy of a 15+ minute demo lesson video.
- Must be able to interview over video teleconferencing or in Shanghai, Taipei or Los Angeles.
- Must be able to provide at least 3 professional references.
- No knowledge of Mandarin is necessary.
- National health insurance provided via acquisition of work visa and alien residency card.
- School will assist with visa/residency applications.
- There is a commitment of 2 years of service beginning in mid-August 2018 and ending June 30, 2020 (Teachers who complete two consecutive years receive bonus).
- Approximately 3 weeks paid vacation (over Chinese New Year break)*.
- Unpaid leave during 6 weeks of summer break between teaching years. Some teachers will be asked to teach summer school; the details of such service will be decided upon at the time of the request.
- Paid time off for local holidays*.
*Actual time off depends on Education Bureau calendar for that year. For less than one week of Chinese New Year break, teachers will be required to be on campus in preparation for the new semester.